Types of Doctorates

Both individual doctorates and doctorates in structured doctoral programs (in selected areas) are possible at KIT.

Other options are doctorates in cooperation with industry or non-university research institutions, called external doctorates.

Doctorates are also offered in collaboration with Universities of Applied Sciences. Moreover, binational doctorates at two universities in two different countries are possible.

What kind of PhD should it be?

The difference between the two most important routes to obtain a doctorate in Germany, summed up in a short video.