With enrollment at KIT you get:
- a ▶ KIT card;
- access to the KIT software shop
- the right to free travel in the public transportation network of the ▶ Karlsruhe Transport Authority (KVV) on weekdays between 6 p.m.- 5 a.m. as well as full time on weekends and public holidays;
- the option to buy the extended KVV ▶ Studikarte offer for use of public transport during weekdays as well (ca. EUR 174 for 6 months);
- the use of the offers of ▶ Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe, e.g. the student discount in the dining halls and cafeterias as well as access to the university sports facilites;
- free participation in a language course per semester at ▶ Sprachenzentrum oder ▶ Studienkolleg;
- if applicable further student benefits (e.g. free of charge use of Badische Landesbibliothek)
With enrollment you have:
- liability and accident insurance (for stays at KIT and routes to and from KIT).
- For more information on accident and liability insurance, please visit ▶ Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe.
Please note that enrolled doctoral candidates usually don´t get a reduction for the health insurance.