Virtual Career Day 2023
On Thursday, April 27, 2023, our second Virtual Career Day 2023 "Transition Possible" took place in collaboration with seven other research institutions. The graphic recording of the main panel can be found ▶ here.
This year's focus was on "Recruiting Postdocs in Industry". Participants could expect panel discussions, networking opportunities and contact with renowned international companies from several sectors: automotive, aerospace, IT, life sciences, steel and many more. Participants were also be able to choose from a range of workshops to help you prepare for your move into industry. For a short overview, you can take a look at our ▶ flyer or browse the comprehensively listed program on this very website.
08:45 - 09:00 a.m. I Opening
by ▶ Lia Lang
09:00 - 09:05 a.m. I Greeting & Introduction
by ▶ Lia Lang
09:05 - 09:15 a.m. I Keynote "5 Interview Lessons"
by ▶ Dr. Karin Bodewits (Trainer at & Founder of NaturalScience.Careers)
09:15 - 10:00 a.m. I Panel Discussion "Transition Possible"
moderated by ▶ Lia Lang with company representatives and representatives from science management and science communication.
- ▶ Dr. Karin Bodewits (Trainer at & Founder of NaturalScience.Careers)
- ▶ Pascal Struth (Senior Leader Recruiter Technology, PowerCo SE (formerly Tesla))
- ▶ Anna-Magdalena Kölzer (Senior HR expert selection & diagnostic; PowerCo SE Salzgitter)
- ▶ Beatrix Arendt (Community of Practice Leader Germany North & Talent Acquisition Germany, Airbus Hamburg)
- ▶ Markus Leffin (Early Talent Recruiter)
- ▶ Dr. Jörn Rank (Partner & Member of Recruiting-Board, d-fine)
10:00 - 10:15 a.m. I Coffee Break
and breakout-rooms for networking
10:15 - 10:50 a.m. I Subpanel Session 1: Transition Possible
in breakout-rooms. Presentation of with representatives from recruiting and a postdoc from various companies.
- Room 1: General Management / Production & Process Engineering (PowerCo SE)
- Room 2: Research & Development (Airbus)
- Room 3: Data Management (Bayer)
- Room 4: Consulting (d-fine)
- Room 5: Research & Development (Miltenyi Biotec)
- Room 6: Data Science & Software Development (SAP)
- Room 7: Research & Development (ZEISS - Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology)
- ▶ Regina Müller (Recruiter)
- ▶ Ringo Wenzel (Head of Process Data Management)
- Room 8: Research & Development (Roche)
- ▶ Christian Eberle (HR Recruitment Consultant)
- ▶ Fabian Hosp (Senior Scientist & People Leader in Mass Spectrometry)
- Room 9: Data Science & Software Development (Mitiga Solutions)
10:50 - 11:00 a.m. I Networking and Exchange
in Breakout Rooms
11:00 - 11:40 a.m. I Subpanel Session 2
with all of the panelists listed above.
11:40 - 12:30 p.m. I Networking
12:30 - 14:00 p.m. I Lunch break
14:00 - 18:00 p.m. I Workshops
on career specific topics such as presentation of values and skills, career orientation, career decisions, CV check, effective self-presentation in interviews, use of social media in job applications, and much more. A comprehensive list of all eight workshops and their specific criteria to register can be found below.