Registration with KHYS
According to § 38, par. 5 of the State Higher Education Act of Baden-Württemberg (Landeshochschulgesetz; LHG) all doctoral researchers pursuing their doctorate at a KIT Department need to register with KHYS.
Please note: If you are accepted as a doctoral researcher at a different university but your central research location is at KIT you can become a member of KHYS by registering via the KHYS network. >> Registration in the KHYS network
Requirements for registration with KHYS:
- You have concluded a doctoral agreement with your supervisor.
- To use Docata, the web portal for doctoral researchers at KIT, you need a KIT account (type "ab1234" or " ∂kit eduab1234). Note: please do NOT use your student account (type " ∂partner kit eduab1234"). ∂student kit edu
Formal steps of registration:
- Login with KIT account: For registration, a KIT account/user account is required. With the registration name (of the type "ab1234") and the password of your KIT account, you can log in. >> Information on the KIT account
- Complete the registration form: Enter the data on your doctoral project in the registration form and upload the necessary documents and attachements in Docata. Please make sure that the entries agree with the data given in your documents (e.g. doctoral agreement, proof of studies)! Please note that you have to close all browser windows to log out securely!
- Confirmation of registration: You will receive a confirmation of registration in writing (PDF) by KHYS usually within 10 working days. With your registration, you automatically become a member of KHYS. >> Information on KHYS membership
>> Registration in Docata
NEW with Docata: As soon as your registration application has been checked by KHYS, you can download the KHYS registration certificate from Docata.
Modification of your data:
Kindly inform KHYS immediately about any modification of your registered data (e.g. family name) by electronic mail to docata∂khys.kit.edu or by ordinary mail. This shall also apply, if you terminate your planned doctoral project. In this case, please indicate the date of termination of your doctoral project.