Enrollment for German doctoral researchers
German doctoral researchers apply for enrollment at the ▶ Studierendenservice. Please use your ▶ login for Docata to download the form.
In addition to the filled-in form "Application for enrollment as doctoral candidate" please hand in the following documents:
- Confirmation of the acceptance as doctoral candidate
- Confirmation of the KIT Department on the aptitude assessment procedure (FH-graduates only)
- Certificate of ex-matriculation in case earlier courses of study were not pursued at KIT
- Copy of the university entrance certificate (school graduation certificate) if prior courses of study were not pursued at KIT
You can send the documents by mail to ▶ Studierendenservice or by ▶ e-mail.
Please also request “Meldegrund 10“ for the enrollment to study at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology from your health insurance provider. This is to ensure that we electronically receive the health insurance certificate which is required by law for your enrollment directly from your health insurance provider. If you have private health insurance, please request an exemption of compulsory insurance from any statutory health insurance. The health insurance certificate will also be transmitted electronically to KIT.
Doctoral researchers from abroad
Doctoral researchers from abroad apply for enrollment at the ▶ International Students Office (IStO). Since IStO currently converts the system for enrollment, please contact the ▶ IStO official in charge of your country directly.
To enroll, please hand-in the following documents:
- Enrollment form that can be downloaded after logging-in to ▶ Docata
- Your bachelor and master’s degree certificates in the original language as well as certified translations in German or English
- Transcript of records in the original language as well as certified translations in German or English
- Confirmation of the acceptance as doctoral candidate by the KIT Department and doctoral agreement signed by your supervisor
- If you have ever been registered at another German university: letter of ex-matriculation (Exmatrikulationbescheinigung) from that university
- Passport with student visa or residence permit
- Proof of scholarship or employment contract at KIT
International doctoral researchers please contact the ▶ International Students Office (IStO) staff for further information about enrollment at KIT.