Agenda KIT PhD Days 2014
The program of presentations will be accompanied by several information booths that are situated in the foyer of the main lecture hall building (Building 30.95). At the booths KIT organizations will provide doctoral researchers and those interested in doing a PhD with information on the services they offer and on important contact persons:
- Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS): Information and consulting concerning KHYS measures, further education courses, and the various aspects of doing a PhD at KIT (including financing the PhD phase) etc.
- KIT Career Service : Information and consulting regarding application strategies; in addition staff at the booth will check participants’ application documents
- KIT Innovationsmanagement (KIT Innovation Department, IMA): Information and consulting concerning invention disclosures, patents, and start-ups
- KIT Personalentwicklung und Berufsausbildung (Human Resources Development and Vocational Training, PEBA): Information and consulting concerning further education courses and qualification opportunities for research assistants
- International Scholars and Welcome Office (IScO): Information and consulting regarding international mobility of scientists
- Initiative Promovierender am KIT (PaKIT — PhD students at KIT): Information and consulting on all aspects related to doctoral studies; one focus is on how to get actively involved in KIT as a doctoral researcher
- Young Investigator Network (YIN): Information and consulting regarding this independent network for research group leaders and junior professors at KIT
- KIT-Library /KIT Scientific Publishing : Information and consulting concerning topics such as “bibliographic search” and “how to publish at KIT“
- KIT-Staff Council : Information and consulting regarding the topic “employees’ rights and duties at KIT”
- The four KIT graduate schools: BioInterfaces, GRACE, KSOP and KSETA , will also be present. At the informations booths you can get information on the graduate schools’ research and further qualification concepts as well as on admission requirements.
In addition to the presentations and information booths there will be the so-called Doktorandencafé in the main lecture hall building where participants can relax while having coffee, latte macchiato or a cup of tea.