Navigating the German and European research funding landscape
Bldg. 50.41, room 145/146
The workshop will be held in English.
This introductory workshop to research funding provides an overview of the German and European research funding system. It focuses on funding opportunities available at the advanced doctoral and early postdoctoral stage and how to approach them.
By participating in workshop, participants will be better equipped to
- recognise the opportunities and challenges associated with external research funding,
- understand what makes a fundable research project,
- identify funding opportunities for different research settings,
- respond more effectively to the competitive nature of the evaluation process,
- build a research grant track record.
This compact workshop employs theory input, plenary discussions, individual and small group work as well as expert advice.
When registering for this event, please also note the following:
- Allocation of places: Given that we consider this topic particularly relevant for postdoctoral researchers (who are members of KHYS), such individuals will have priority for attending. Doctoral researchers, however, can still register and will be offered a spot if not all places are taken by postdocs. (If you are currently not yet a member of KHYS, you can register here.)
- Contingency-planning: This training event is currently planned as an in-person event. However, we are also committed to holding it even if the current restrictions were to continue into autumn, by either adopting a different format (i.e. webinar) or by switching to an alternative date.
For KHYS members this workshop is free of charge.
Dr. Thomas Koch, academic futures – Research Management Consultancy
Dr. Stefan Götze
Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS)
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Straße am Forum 3
Tel: +49 721 608-46186
Fax: +49 721 608-46222
E-Mail:weiterbildung∂khys kit edu