Dates and deadlines
!CURRENT CALL FOR APPLICATIONS!
- Funding period 2020/1 for networking trips from January 15 to September 30, 2020
- Submission of the application documents until Sunday, October 27, 2019 at the latest
- Kick-off workshop: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. (participation is mandatory to claim the funding)
- First appointment at KHYS (for the application of the advance payment): at the latest four weeks before the trip
- Second appointment at KHYS (for final accounting of your trip): at the latest within the first eight weeks after the trip
- Submission of the final report [Downloads]: at the latest four weeks after having received the final accounting of the travel expenses
DATES ONGOING FUNDING
- Funding period 2019/2: All travels have to be completed by December 20, 2019.
- Funding period 2019/1: All networking trips have to be completed by October 30, 2019. The Wrap-up workshop will take place on Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 1.00-5.00 p.m. (participation is mandatory for all doctoral researchers in this round)
Application requirements (effective: April 8, 2019)
- The contact you would like to establish has to be a new one for you/your working group and internationally oriented. New means that neither you nor your working group should have had personal contact to the person or working group abroad and that there should not have been any exchange of ideas and no other form of cooperation between you/your working group and the contact person/working group abroad so far.
- It is required that you already have an idea who you want to contact. The kick-off workshop can help you how to realize your contacting plans concretely.
- You are a doctoral researcher at KIT and officially accepted by your KIT department ("Fakultät").
- You must be a member of KHYS.
- The participation at the workshop(s) is mandatory to claim the funding. (The Wrap-up workshop will take place for the last time in November 2019.)
Please note, that during the funding period (at the time of the trip) you must either have an employment at KIT with a monthly income of more than €450/month (no "Minijob"!) or no employment at KIT. Due to taxation and social security legislation reasons funding in combination with a “Minijob” at KIT is only possible if the “Minijob”-employment is being suspended for the month/s in which the travel takes place.
Furthermore, please bear in mind, that the funding is exclusively for establishing new contacts and is supposed to enable you to establish new contacts on your own in future. The Networking Grant does not support research stays with existing contacts or conference visits.
Please submit the following documents till Sunday, October 27, 2019 at the latest as a single PDF file and the completed XLS table as a separate file in the order as stated below to networkinggrant∂khys.kit.edu. Please take note that only complete and punctually submitted applications can be taken into consideration.
- Application form [Downloads]
- CV (incl. grades, date of birth and place of birth)
- Certificate and Transcript of Records (Diploma or Master)
- Letter of reference by your supervising professor indicating/including a short statement of your qualification and the qualification of the contact person/institution as well as an assessment of the benefit for you and, if applicable, for the KIT working group (1 page max.)
- If applicable: Letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher by your KIT department ("Fakultät")
- Completed XLS table "Key data application" [Downloads] (to be handed in as a separate XLS file)
For further information please read the FAQ [Downloads].