Current call for applications
Deadlines and dates:
- Application deadline: October 25, 2020
- Selection process: Selection decisions will be made by members of the KHYS steering committee at a meeting at the end of November 2020.
- Funding period: All of the planned activities should take place in 2021.
- The applicant has to be a postdoctoral researcher with a doctoral degree who works at KIT as a scientist for a limited period of time of generally up to three years and who is a member of KHYS
- The superior of the postdoc has to support the application.
- The KIT applicant has to conclusively state how the modules applied for support his/her career strategy.
- Applicants must meet the application deadline stipulated.
- The application documents must be complete and formally correct.
Please send the following documents as a single PDF file in the order listed below to conys∂khys.kit.edu. All documents should be in English. Concerning the annexes A to C you only have to fill in the annex(es) for the module(s) you apply for. Please send the Excel table as a separate attachment and exclusively in an Excel file format.
- Application Form
- CV including date of birth and course of studies (discipline, duration, place, grade)
- Scan of doctoral degree and certificate (if applicable including transcript of records)1
- Assessment form by the superior of the postdoc which shows his/her support for the applied measures and assesses the benefits of the chosen modules (if desired, the superior can also send it directly to KHYS)
- Annex A - Module 1
- Annex B - Module 2 – including a letter of intent by the guest stating his/her interest in coming to KIT
- Annex C - Module 3
- Key data Excel table
- Compliance with application requirements
- Scientific track record of the KIT applicant (i.e. previous scientific achievements, publications, awards etc.)
- Conclusiveness of description of the choice of modules and how they will support the applicant’s career strategy
- Applications comprising more than one module are more likely to be funded than less extensive packages
- Assessment by superior
1 For foreign degrees the documents should be handed in in the original language and as a German/English translation.