Current Call for Applications
- Application deadline: The program is not open for applications.
- The provision of the funds can start on January 1, 2021, at the earliest. Selection decisions will be made by the middle of December 2021 by members of the ▶ KHYS Steering Committee.
- The main funding period is 2022. Funding should be completed by December 2022 at the latest.
- The doctoral researchers are doing their doctorate at KIT (i.e. have been accepted at a KIT Department or are doing their doctorate at another university, but are doing research on KIT topics on-site)
- Membership of KHYS
- Timely and complete application
- Financing of the first three years of the doctorate is a prerequisite (scholarship, employment contract etc.)
- ▶ Application by the head of the institute financing the doctoral researcher and the supervisor authorized to administer doctoral examinations with the following contents:
- Indication of the requested funding duration
- Depiction of the doctoral researcher’s situation
- Information regarding the feasibility of the completion of the dissertation within the funding period
- Statement regarding the financial situation of the institute
- Commitment by the institute that the funds will be repaid if the request for admission to the doctoral procedure is not submitted within six months after the end of the funding period
- ▶ Statement of the doctoral researcher, in which the following is outlined:
- Depiction of the progress of the doctorate
- Explanation (providing multiple reasons) of the delays in the doctoral project1 caused by the restrictions, including a description of the doctoral researcher’s situation
- Duration of the delays and indication of the planned end of the doctorate
- Details of previous financing (type and duration)
- Scan of acceptance as a doctoral researcher
- ▶ Excel spreadsheet as a separate attachment and in Excel file format only
You can submit the documents in German or English. Ideally, all documents (apart from the Excel table) should be submitted in the above-mentioned order in one PDF file. Please send the documents to: ▶ notfallfonds∂khys.kit.edu
- Fulfilment of the funding requirements
- Multiple-cause delays due to the restrictions implemented as a response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Financial situation of the institute
- Emergency situation of the doctoral researcher, if applicable also due to compatibility of doctorate and family
- Feasibility of completing the dissertation within the funding period
1 These may be due to aspects such as limited access to laboratories, postponement of necessary (international) travel, delay in commissioning of contract work and in taking technical devices into operation, completion of extraordinary tasks, limited exchange with supervisors, additional (child) care tasks.