Information for applicants
- The applicant has to be a doctoral or postdoctoral1 researcher at KIT and ▶ member of KHYS. Furthermore, as a doctoral researcher you either need to be accepted by a KIT Department or you need to be accepted at a different university, but your central research location is at KIT.
- The doctoral/postdoctoral researcher and his or her supervisor/superior have to jointly apply and conclusively state how the requested funding can support the young scientist in building up or maintaining his or her research or career-related network.
- Applicants must meet the application deadline stipulated.
- The application documents must be complete and formally correct.
Deadlines and dates
- Application deadline: June 13, 2021
- Selection process: Selection decisions will be made by members of the ▶ KHYS steering committee at a meeting at the beginning of July 2021.
- Funding period: All of the planned activities should take place in 2021.
- ▶ Application form, signed by both the KIT doctoral/postdoctoral researcher and his or her supervisor/superior
- CV of the young scientist including date of birth and course of studies (discipline, duration, place, grade)
- As a doctoral researcher please additionally hand in the official letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher at the KIT Department or, as an external doctoral researcher, letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher at your university.
- ▶ Key data Excel table
Please merge the documents into a single PDF file (excluding the Excel table) in the order listed above, attach the Excel table separately and exclusively in an Excel file format. Then send both files to ▶ collaboration∂khys.kit.edu. While the forms are provided in English, we accept answers and documents in both German and English.
- Compliance with application requirements
- Conclusiveness and suitability of choice of tools to build up and maintain the young scientist’s research or career-related networks
As soon as the application has been approved, the applicants will be notified via e-mail. The notification of approval will, among other things, contain information on the payments KHYS will reimburse. To facilitate the processes, the institute will first have to pay the bills, hand them in at KHYS and confirm the purpose of the payment in writing. KHYS will then transfer the booking to its own accounts. Non-compliance with the stipulations of the Remote Collaboration Program may induce KHYS to withdraw the funding approval, refuse payments, or reclaim payments that it has already made.
Once all activities funded have been completed, the young scientist is obliged to submit a final report within four weeks. A template for the report will be made available. In addition to the report, KHYS will send you a link to an anonymous online evaluation regarding general aspects of the funding measure.
1 KIT postdocs are early-career researchers and young scientists who have received their doctorates and who are doing research at KIT for a qualification phase that generally takes three years. The postdoctoral phase at KIT can be done directly after the doctorate or after an already completed postdoctoral phase at another university or non-university research institution in Germany or abroad.