Current call for applications
Deadlines and dates:
- Deadline for applications: Sunday, January 24, 2021
- Funding decision: presumably around the middle of February 2021
- Kick-off workshop: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. (participation is mandatory to claim the funding)
- Funding period: between March 15 and December 15, 2021
- The contact you would like to establish has to be a new one for you/your working group and internationally oriented. New means that neither you nor your working group should have had personal contact to the person or working group abroad and in particular that there should not have been any exchange of ideas and no other form of cooperation between you/your working group and the contact person/working group abroad so far.
- It is required that you already have an idea who you want to contact. The kick-off workshop can help you how to realize your contacting plans concretely.
- You are a doctoral researcher at KIT and officially accepted by your KIT department ("Fakultät") or you have been accepted as a doctoral researcher at a different university, but your central research location is at KIT.
- You are a member of KHYS.
- Participation at the kick-off workshop is mandatory to claim the funding.
- During the funding period (at the time of the trip) you must either have an employment at KIT with a monthly income of more than €450/month (no "Minijob"!) or no employment at KIT. Due to taxation and social security legislation reasons funding in combination with a “Minijob” at KIT is only possible if the “Minijob”-employment is being suspended for the month/s in which the travel takes place.
The Networking Grant does not support research stays with existing contacts or conference visits.
- Application form [Downloads]
- CV (incl. grades, date of birth and place of birth)
- Letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher by your KIT department ("Fakultät") or, as an external doctoral researcher, letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher at your university
- Certificate and Transcript of Records (Diploma or Master)
- Letter of reference by your supervising professor indicating/including a short statement of your qualification and the qualification of the contact person/institution as well as an assessment of the benefit for you and, if applicable, for the KIT working group (1 page max.)
- Completed XLS table "Key data application" [Downloads] (to be handed in separately in Excel format)
Please merge all documents into one PDF file in the order stated above (excluding the Excel table) and send the files to networkinggrant∂khys.kit.edu. While our forms are only provided in English, we accept answers and documents in both German and English.
- Compliance with application requirements
- Fulfillment of required formalities (a complete application, submitted in time, including all required documents, completed and signed)
- Conclusiveness of the benefit of the proposed contact(s) for the applicant
- Qualification of the contact person/institution
- Qualification of the applicant
For further information please read the FAQs.