Current grant announcement
Dates and deadlines
- Deadline for applications: Sunday, August 16, 2020
- Funding decision: presumably beginning of September 2020
- Kick-off workshop: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. (participation is mandatory to claim the funding)
- Funding period: Ideally, the trip takes place between October 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021
- The contact you would like to establish has to be a new one for you/your working group and internationally oriented. New means that neither you nor your working group should have had personal contact to the person or working group abroad and that there should not have been any exchange of ideas and no other form of cooperation between you/your working group and the contact person/working group abroad so far.
- It is required that you already have an idea who you want to contact. The kick-off workshop can help you how to realize your contacting plans concretely.
- You are a doctoral researcher at KIT and officially accepted by your KIT department ("Fakultät") or you have been accepted as a doctoral researcher at a different university, but your main research focus is at KIT or you are supervised at KIT.
- You must be a member of KHYS.
- Participation at the kick-off workshop is mandatory to claim the funding.
- During the funding period (at the time of the trip) you must either have an employment at KIT with a monthly income of more than €450/month (no "Minijob"!) or no employment at KIT. Due to taxation and social security legislation reasons funding in combination with a “Minijob” at KIT is only possible if the “Minijob”-employment is being suspended for the month/s in which the travel takes place.
Note that the funding is exclusively for establishing new contacts and is supposed to enable you to establish new contacts on your own in future. The Networking Grant does not support research stays with existing contacts or conference visits.
Please submit the following documents as a single PDF file and the completed XLS table as a separate file in the order as stated below to networkinggrant∂khys.kit.edu.
- Application form [Downloads]
- CV (incl. grades, date of birth and place of birth)
- Certificate and Transcript of Records (Diploma or Master)
- Letter of reference by your supervising professor indicating/including a short statement of your qualification and the qualification of the contact person/institution as well as an assessment of the benefit for you and, if applicable, for the KIT working group (1 page max.)
- Letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher by your KIT department ("Fakultät") or, if you are an external doctoral researcher, letter of acceptance as a doctoral researcher of your university
- Completed XLS table "Key data application" [Downloads] (to be handed in as a separate XLS file)
Only complete and punctually submitted applications can be taken into consideration. While our forms are only provided in English, we accept answers and documents in both German and English.
- Compliance with application requirements
- Fulfillment of required formalities (a complete application, submitted in time, including all required documents, filled-out correctly and signed)
- Benefit of the proposed contact(s) for the applicant
- Qualification of the contact person/institution
- Qualification of the applicant
For further information please read the FAQ Networking Grant.