Deadlines and dates:
- The next call will be published in the fall of 2018. The funding period will be January to June 2019.
- The KIT doctoral researcher (in agreement with his/her supervising professor) and the intern have to jointly apply for the Internship Grant. The intern cannot apply by himself/herself.
- The KIT supervising professor has to provide the intern with an adequate workspace.
- The KIT doctoral researcher shall supervise the guest during his/her internship at KIT.
- The KIT doctoral researcher shall help the intern with regard to administrative issues or questions concerning living in Karlsruhe.
- The KIT doctoral researcher must be a member of KHYS.
- The intern has to be in his/her Master’s studies.
- Funding for the same purpose is not admissible.
Doctoral researcher + intern:
- Application form indicating
- the motivation for the application
- the intern’s tasks during his/her stay at KIT and how the KIT doctoral researcher will supervise the intern
- further suggestions to support the intern with accommodation, living in Karlsruhe etc.
- XLS table containing the key data of the application (please hand in separately)
- CV including at least date, place and country of birth, postal address, school leaving exam (date, place, grade), course of studies (subject, duration, place, grade), research and work experience, beginning of doctorate (date, place, subject), stays abroad (if applicable), awards and prices (if applicable) etc.
- Non-certified copies of the Bachelor’s/Master’s degree certificate and Transcript of records
- CV including at least date, place and country of birth, postal address, school leaving exam (date, place, grade), course of studies (subject, duration, place, grade), stays abroad (if applicable), awards and prices (if applicable) etc.
- Current certificate of enrollment at home university in the original language and – if necessary – a certified translation thereof in English, German or French
KIT supervising professor:
- Letter of recommendation for the KIT doctoral researcher indicating/including
- an assessment of the benefit for the KIT doctoral researcher
- a short statement of the doctoral researcher’s qualification
- a confirmation of the intern’s tasks and his/her qualification
- if applicable, an assessment of the benefit for the working group
- a confirmation that the intern will be provided with an adequate workspace
All documents should be in English (except certificates of the doctoral researcher). Please merge all documents (except the XLS table) into one PDF file in the order stated above and send the PDF file and the XLS table to internshipgrant∂khys.kit.edu. The application deadline is Sunday, January 21, 2018.
- Fulfillment of application requirements
- Fulfillment of required formalities (a complete application, submitted in time, including all required documents, filled out correctly and signed)
- Conclusiveness of motivation of KIT doctoral researchers to invite interns from abroad and added value for the KIT doctoral researchers through their stay
- Likelihood to achieve the primary objective of funding (esp. acquiring new skills and qualifications for KIT doctoral researchers)
- Plausibility of the tasks and proposals presented concerning the supervision of the interns
- Support of supervisors
- Qualification of KIT doctoral researchers and interns
Please refer to our FAQ for any questions you may have concerning the Internship Grant. If you have further questions regarding the Internship Grant please feel free to contact Andreas Hahmann or write an e-mail to internshipgrant∂khys.kit.edu.