You may only submit doctoral research work from the academic year 2016/17. Decisive is the date of the thesis defense (October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2017). You may either submit your own application or be nominated by your supervisor or reviewer.
Please submit the following documents solely in digital form (PDF) to KHYS by November 6, 2017:
- Letter of recommendation by a member of the teaching staff of KIT describing the scientific achievements to date and the assessment of the candidate’s (research) personality (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (including information on the duration of the candidates' studies and doctoral research, awards, stays abroad, social commitment, patents, conference contributions (please indicate whether the contribution has been a presentation, poster or a publication in the proceedings)
- List of publications (please divide your list in publications before/after your doctoral research phase and indicate whether the publications have been peer-reviewed)
- Copy of the doctoral certificate
- Copies of further certificates (Vordiplom/Bachelor certificate, Diploma/Master/Magister certificate)
- Dissertation (please submit as a separate pdf-file)
- xls table (please submit separately)
Only complete applications will be considered. Please send your application via e-mail to Dorit Dietel.
If you have any further questions concerning the application, please feel free to call us: +49 721 608 46223.
Selection and award ceremony
The award winners will be selected by the Council for Research and Promotion of Young Scientists (CRYS). The final decision is made by the KIT Ececutive Board. The award ceremony will be part of the President's Banquet in February 2018.