The KHYS Postdoc Office offers a broad, specific offer for the qualification of postdocs at KIT supported, among others, by the Initiative and Networking Fund of the Helmholtz Association.
The KHYS Postdoc Office supports postdocs at KIT as well as all young scientists interested in a postdoc phase at KIT thereby pursuing three main objectives:
- Offering orientation for career development and career decisions
- Possibility of gaining career-specific qualifications
- Promotion of independence and networking within and outside the scientific community
Various offers are available:
- With the Aspirant Grant, professors and junior research group leaders can invite foreign young scientists who are interested in doing a postdoc phase at KIT to spend one month at KIT.
- Postdocs have the opportunity to receive individual advice (in German, English or French) when planning their next career step. In addition, various events are offered, including the Welcome Event and Postdoc Day.
- The qualification program “Fit for your next career step” enables postdocs to expand their own range of competencies. Postdocs can choose from a broad portfolio of further training courses.
- The networking program “Connecting Young Scientists” (ConYS) offers postdocs the opportunity to establish international and interdisciplinary contacts and thus secure professional collaborations in the long term. Postdocs can choose from three modules (short stay/guest stay/event organization), which are optimally suited to their needs and further career plans.
Do you have any further questions? Please contact Amanda Sahrbacher.
Save the date:
The KHYS Postdoc Office will be officially opened on March 17, 2020 with a celebration. All postdocs and all young scientists interested in a postdoc phase at KIT are cordially invited to this event!
Further information will follow shortly...