Welcome to the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS)
The Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS) is the central institution for the promotion of junior researchers at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). We support doctoral researchers. postdocs*, the Young Investigator Network (YIN), and doctoral programs. Our various offers are specifically targeted to promote junior KIT researchers and foster an open scientific and interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- individually advise, qualify, and support young scientists during their careers;
- further develop the support of young scientists at KIT and maintain the quality of the doctoral research phase;
- support coordinated research programs (e.g. research training groups) for the promotion of young scientists.
IMPORTANT AMENDMENT RELATING TO THE DOCTORATE AS OF JANUARY 01, 2015:
As of January 01, 2015, conclusion of doctoral agreements and subsequent central registration of doctoral candidates with KHYS shall be mandatory at KIT. Both prerequisites have to be fulfilled for acceptance by a KIT department. The legal basis is Article 38, paragraph 5 of the Law of Baden-Württemberg on Universities and Colleges.
These new obligations shall apply to all doctoral candidates, who were not accepted by a KIT department on January 01, 2015.
For the registration of these doctoral candidates, KHYS has established a separate registration portal on behalf of the Presidential Committee.
Hence, KHYS presently offers two different portals – one for doctoral candidates, who are obliged to register, and one for all other doctoral candidates and postdocs.
- KHYS Registration Portal*
All doctoral candidates, who were not accepted by a KIT department on January 01, 2015, shall be obliged to register with the newly established registration portal.
>> To the KHYS Registration Portal
- KHYS Network*
The following doctoral candidates and post-docs of KIT are free to register with the KHYS network:
- Doctoral candidates, who had already been accepted by one of the eleven KIT departments on January 01, 2015 or who had submitted a request for acceptance before January 01, 2015
- Doctoral candidates, who conduct most of their research at KIT, but will pass their doctorate at another university
Register First, then Profit!
By your registration with the KHYS Registration Portal or the KHYS Network, you will become member of KHYS. In this way, you will have the opportunity to profit from the variety of KHYS offers. Here, all advantages are obvious at a glance.
If you have any questions and wishes, please do not hesitate to contact us.
*KHYS promotes postdoctoral researchers in the first postdoc phase (qualification/ orientation phase, which should last no longer than three years).