Welcome to the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS)
The Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS) is the central institution for the promotion of junior researchers at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). We support doctoral researchers. postdocs*, the Young Investigator Network (YIN), and doctoral programs. Our various offers are specifically targeted to promote junior KIT researchers and foster an open scientific and interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- individually advise, qualify, and support young scientists during their careers;
- further develop the support of young scientists at KIT and maintain the quality of the doctoral research phase;
- support coordinated research programs (e.g. research training groups) for the promotion of young scientists.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS CONCERNING REGISTERING AT KHYS:
According to § 38, paragraph 5 of the state law on universities and colleges in Baden-Württemberg (Landeshochschulgesetz; LHG), the central registration of all doctoral researchers at KIT was introduced before their application for acceptance to a KIT Department.
Docata – the new web portal for doctoral researchers – is currently being implemented for this purpose.
Docata not only supports KIT in fulfilling its further legal (reporting) duties (e.g. according to § 5 Law on Higher Education Statistics Act (Hochschulstatistikgesetz; HStatG), but also supports doctoral researchers regarding the formal steps along the entire doctoral phase.
Docata will be implemented department by department.
If you would like to apply for acceptance at one of the following KIT Departments, then the registration is ONLY possible via Docata:
- KIT Department of Physics
- KIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
>> to the registration via Docata
If you would like to do your doctorate at one of the other KIT Departments, please continue to register via the old KHYS Registration Portal or wait until Docata has been activated for you.
>> to the KHYS Registration Portal
Only the following doctoral researchers and postdocs of KIT may voluntarily register in the KHYS Network:
- Doctoral researchers whose research focus is at KIT or who are supervised at KIT, but will complete their doctorate at a different university.
>> to the KHYS Network
If you have any questions and wishes, please do not hesitate to contact us.
*KHYS supports postdocs in the first postdoc phase (qualification/orientation phase, which should last no longer than three years).