Deadlines and dates:
- The next call will be published in the fall of 2018. The funding period will be January to June 2019.
- The application has to be made by a KIT professor, the head of a KIT institute, or by the head of a certified KIT junior research group.
- The responsible collaboration partner abroad has to be a professor or a senior scientist with respective qualification.
- The focus of every package has to be on the mobility and networking of doctoral researchers of KIT. Each package has to include Module 3.
- The doctoral researchers who profit from the short-term stays at the collaboration partner’s organization (Module 3) have to be members of KHYS.
- In the Letter of Intent, the responsible collaboration partner abroad should make a reference to every module applied for. In addition, he or she should name a person who will serve as a point of contact for the KIT doctoral researchers who will visit their organization within the framework of Module 3 (including contact details). This contact person shall help the doctoral researchers with administrative questions concerning the research stay.
Please send the following documents as a single PDF file in the order listed below to collaborationpackage∂khys.kit.edu. All documents should be in English. Only complete applications sent within the deadline will be taken into consideration. Concerning the annexes A to D you only have to fill in the annex(es) for the module(s) you apply for.
- Application form
- Letter of Intent by the collaboration partner (including e.g. a description of their contribution to the collaboration or the joint activities, reference to every of the modules applied for, name of contact person for KIT doctoral researchers etc.)
- Annex A – Module 1
- Annex B – Module 2.1
- Annex C – Module 2.2
- Annex D – Module 3
- Compliance with application requirements
- Added value for KIT doctoral researchers in terms of mobility – please note that applications comprising only a single journey of one doctoral researcher (Module 3) are less likely to be funded than more extensive packages
- Conclusiveness of description how the cooperation can be further developed with a focus on the mobility of doctoral researchers and – if applicable – be made sustainable (e.g. application for a third-party funded project such as an International Research Training Group)
- Conclusiveness of depiction of the cooperation’s viability (status quo/desired state)
- If applicable scope of contribution by the cooperation partner (e.g. financing for further visits by doctoral researchers to KIT)